Mural Mile @ the intersection of art + wellness | 9 am - Saturday, May 6th
We’re thrilled to invite you to the first annual Mural Mile Road Race and Kids Dash. The Greater Framingham Running Club and the Framingham Downtown Renaissance have joined forces to bring you this robust community-building and placemaking celebration.
As an official ArtWeek Boston event, this race underscores physical well-being and participatory art in the newly minted Downtown Framingham.
Registration proceeds sustain the Rich and Chris Chesmore Scholarship, which provides financial support for high school runners as they advance into higher education.
Race down the art-filled Mural Mile or 200 meter dash. After the race, get immersed in live music, interactive painting, local vendors and new friends in the Deluxe Depot Diner Parking Lot.
Event details and schedule
- Saturday May 6, 2017
- Same-day registration runs from 7:30 to 8:45 am in the Deluxe Depot Diner Parking Lot.
- 8:45 am - Tommy's Taxi shuttles will leave the Deluxe Depot Diner lot at 8:45 am to bring registrants to the start line at 438 Franklin Street.
9:00 am – 1 mile road race starts at 438 Franklin Street. Finish at the intersection of Park and Franklin Streets (42 Franklin Street).
- Heat 1: 9:00 am for sub 10-minute mile runners
- Heat 2: 9:15 am for plus 10-minute mile runners (if needed)
9:30 am – 200 meter kids dash (ages 10 and under) starts at 64 Franklin Street (Proctor and Franklin streets). Finish at the Intersection of Park and Franklin Streets (42 Franklin Street).
10:00 am - Awards Ceremony in the Deluxe Depot Diner Parking Lot
- Parking along the route (see below).
- Register Here
- 9:00 am
- $15.00 per registrant
- Heat 1: 9:00 am < 10 minute mile
- Heat 2: 9:15 am > 10 minute mile
- Awards top 3 females and top 3 males
- Local business and charity racing teams
200 Meter Kids Dash
- Register Here
- 9:30 am
- Ages 10 and under
- One child is free with accompanying adult registration for Mural Mile
- $5 registration per child (without accompanying adult; each additional child if first child is free with accompanying adult)
Become a sponsor today!
- Santander Parking Lot (110 Union Avenue)
- Fitts Parking Lot at (69 Franklin Street)
- Town of Framingham Parking Lot (77 Union Avenue)
- Howard/Concord Parking Lot (55 Concord Street)
- Hollis Court Parking Lot (~438 Waverly Street)
- Metrowest Medical Center (195 Union Avenue)
- MWRTA Banana Lot ($4.00 per space) Northside MBTA Commuter Rail immediately adjacent to the mural via the Franklin Access Road
- ~ 500 Waverly Street MBTA Parking ($4.50 per space)
* At 8:45 am, shuttles courtesy of Tommy's Taxi will take registrants from the Deluxe Depot Diner lot to the Start Line (438 Franklin Street)