- it takes a village to raise a child -
The Framingham Police Department believes that proactive community policing strategies and tactics such as crime analysis, problem solving and community partnerships collectively address environmental and social issues that may lead to crime.
Police must witness illegal activity to take immediate and direct action.
In an emergency, dial 911
To report a non-emergency, call (508) 872-1212 extension 6.
- evidence the event happened
- show that act was intentional
- evidence someone was disturbed or annoyed
Urban Safety Tactics
- Redesign street furniture
- Activate storefront spaces
- Acquire grant funding for outreach services
- Acquire grant funding for additional cameras and lighting
Become a downtown safety liaison
Officers Dinis Avila and Stephen Buma of the Framingham Police Department’s Safety Division have been assigned to exclusively patrol Downtown Framingham. Officers Avila and Buma work with local partners such as FDR to develop community connections among downtown businesses, residents and stakeholders. Their goals include identifying and implementing neighborhood-based police services to reduce crime, improving the overall quality of life, and building a stronger, safer neighborhood and central commercial district.