trainheading.png

It was a sad sight to see. Our HH Richardson Train Station sat in the center of Downtown Framingham, all but forgotten. Daily, vandals broke out her windows. Thieves stole copper from her roof, causing leaks and rot. Trash and refuse piled up trackside. This heart and soul fixture from the past was the victim of blight and neglect, and it was a hard pill to swallow for those who remembered her glory days.

 

That's when Don Levy came to town.

Levy's deep reverence for Richardson architecture brought him to Downtown Framingham, where he embarked on the long, arduous journey to resurrect some of our boldest history. When Mr. Levy first showed on the scene, Framingham Downtown Renaissance introduced him to Representative Chris Walsh, officials from the Town of Framingham, financial institutions and interested stakeholders.  FDR knew that this would be more than just a labor of love, and that Levy would need the Town and decision-makers to rally behind this extraordinary effort.

Don and Daryl Levy, along with their partners and steady, creative crew transformed this stoic reminder of the past into a lively, bustling center of activity. Now the Deluxe Depot Diner, the station is a favorite for people of all ages! Its artful decor is reminiscent of Victorian whimsy, with a steam punk edge -- hallmark of Levy's attention to style and detail.

Phantom Gourmet feature! "Without a doubt, this is the biggest, coolest, and funkiest diner to come around in a long time. Taking over an historic train station originally built in 1885, the Deluxe Depot Diner is a spacious, two floor, full-service restaurant that keeps customers chugging along from 7 in the morning to 11 at night in Downtown Framingham."